Why Email Marketing Works
Motivate one-time customers to become repeat customers with targeted email messages. Remind them what they liked about your brand and incentivize second and third purchases. Do you have a potential customer that's on the fence? Send a professional, persuasive, and highly polished HTML email message and close the deal.
Email is a quick and easy way to reach targeted audiences— without needing huge technical skills or a significant investment. If you have to choose one channel to start your digital marketing efforts, consider email, it’s a great way to remind people why they liked your brand in the first place, and give them incentives to return and make purchases.
That, in a nutshell, is the beauty of email marketing.
Effective email marketing starts with knowing your audience and growing your audience. But how do you get started?
Consider these email marketing tips to take advantage of the traffic you already have:
• Choose an email marketing service that fits your needs: The top options areMailChimp and Constant Contact. It will cost anywhere from $20 to $60 a month, depending on how large your list is and how often you plan to send messages through the provider’s server.
• Place email signup forms on your homepage, somewhere prominent like in the header, and make it simple to use. MailChimp and Constant Contact have API plugins that allow users to just enter their email addresses and click “submit”. The addresses are automatically imported to your marketing list.
• Add signup forms on every inside page and put it in the same place, so customers get used to seeing it. Use a short call-to-action in the API block, like “Get Exclusive Deals” or “Signup and Save.”
• You can also use APIs to install and email signup tab on your Facebook.
• Motivate social followers with incentives to sign up, like a free whitepaper, or a free sample, and encourage them to share your signup link with others.